What's Cle Elum like in October? When we asked our Facebook page this question, we got answers about how the scenery is magnificent, the harvest festival is amazing, and how people remember fantastic trips with their families.
"It's the prettiest time of the year here!! Awesome time to visit the area!"
When we think of Cle Elum in October, we think of the magnificent fall colors that paint the landscape around us. The glittering golds and reds of the trees are beautiful against the bright blue of the sky. Avid outdoorsmen and casual hikers flock to Cle Elum to enjoy the rich scenery of mountain and river views, draped in the festive fall colors.
"The sun is shining, the air is crisp, and the Suncadia Harvest Festival is in full swing!"
The annual Suncadia Harvest festival is a fun-filled event for the entire family. There's local artisans, food trucks, activities, and more to enjoy! Bring the kids to pick pumpkins an enjoy the hay maze. Bring a friend (over 21) and do some cider and beer tasting! Enjoy live music from a local band! This event brings hundreds of people to Suncadia Resort and it isn't hard to see why so many people enjoy it. For more information on what to expect for this year's harvest festival, read about everything that was available last year!
"VR 365 comes to mind!"
We are honored that we come to mind when people think of Cle Elum in the fall. On the other hand... the fall is when we have our biggest promotion of the year! Any 3-night stay gets a FREE 3rd night. This promotion is applied to over 40 homes that we manage in Cle Elum, Roslyn, and Suncadia Resort. This promotion lasts from October to November (excluding Thanksgiving). Browse all the homes we have available here.
Experience Our Events
The Big Dirty Run in Suncadia was back and bigger and dirtier than ever! Participants ran, jogged, or walk through muddy trails, a mud pit, and through an obsticle course to get to the finish line. Here's everything you need to know about the Big Dirty Run to be prepared for next year!
Check-in is at Nelson Farm in Suncadia Resort. It is recommended that you check-in at least half-an-hour before the race begins to avoid the lines. Participants who registered online get checked off a list, are given a complementary Big Dirty Run T-Shirt, and a number to pin onto their shirt. Participants that need to get registered pay $30 to get signed up. Any participants wishing to get a beer at the end of the race are required to show their ID and get a wristband to confirm they are over 21.
The run is about as long as a 5k. Once the race began, participants ran through a downpour of water from a fire hose, through a mud pit and over a balance beam. Once they crossed the beam they went through a second mud pit, army-crawled under an obstacle, hopped over two hurtles, and over a wall. Then participants raced through the beautiful Suncadia trails, eventually looping back around to the obstacle course again to cross the finish line. Participants are not required to participate in any of the obstacles if they don't want to.
After the Race
Once participants finish the race they are given a Kind Bar, a beer from Dru Brew (if you're over 21. If you are under 21 you get root beer), and a commemorative mug. Then participants can choose to enjoy the Harvest Festival, happening right next door!
- Wear disposable clothes! You will get extremely muddy.
- Stay warm! Running through water and mud in October can get a bit chilly. Make sure you bring whatever you need to stay warm during the run.
- Wear comfortable shoes. The trail is fairly hilly.
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
Subcribe to Vacation Rental 365 for exclusive offers and news about our beautiful properties!
Experience Our Events
Last weekend was the start of the annual Suncadia Harvest Festival and what a wonderful weekend it was! The sun was shining, the air was crisp, and the harvest festival was in full swing.
Events and Activities
- There is fun available for the entire family, although most of the activities are for children. To the right of the enterence there was a hay maze and pyramid where kids could climb to the top of the hay pyramid, slide down to enter the maze, and run around until they found the exit. Parents or guardians could keep a watchful eye from the sidelines all the while and signs were posted encouraging children to not climb on top of the maze.
- Beyond the maze there was pumpkin picking where children could look for their perfect pumpkin. Pumpkins of all shapes, sizes, and colors were strewn about so that the children were not limited on choices.
- To the left of the enterence there were carriage rides, pony rides, and a petting zoo. Guests could get up close and personal with goats, sheep, and other farm animals. They could also take a small stroll on a pony or explore the beautiful Suncadia Resort property with a carriage ride. However, if you bring your dog, you will be asked to stay at least twenty feet away from the farm animals so that they will not get spooked.
- An activity that is fun for children and adults alike is Pumpkin Archery. Participants are given a brief safety lesson on how to use a bow and arrow and when to retrieve arrows and when NOT to retrieve arrows. A worker nearby is watching and ready to help if the kids need more guidance. Bows differ in pull strength so that anyone can have fun with this activity.
- In the middle of the festival there is live music provided by Chinook Entertainment from 10-11:30am, 12:30-2pm, and 3:30-5pm. When live music is not playing there is a dance instructor teaching basic dance moves to the guests.
- For the adults, there are tastings from 2-4pm. This year they had beverages from Dru Bru Brewing Co., Bad Grany Cider, Heritage Distilling Co., and Browne Family Vinyards. Adults can choose to buy 4 tastings for $8 or 10 tastings for $15.
Behind the pumpkin picking there are a row of food stands available.
- There is a tamales stand that must have been amazing because they were sold out by the time I got there at 1pm.
- There was a hot dog and chips stand where guests could purchase good-sized hot dogs for $5 and a bag of chips for $1.
- There was a snow cone stand to get beautiful rainbow ice delights for $5.
- There was also a coffee stand where you could warm up with a cup o' joe or re-energize with a Red Bull drink.
- Suncadia Dining was also available by the live entertainment where you could get a variety of other options like burgers, salads, and fries.
- For dessert you can get your classic cotton candy, or you can get some homemade mini doughnuts and decorate them with a variety of syrups and sprinkles.
To the right of the enterence there are a row of shopping booths. These booths sell:
- lavender soap
- homemade Christmas ornaments
- knitted and croquet accessories
- home furnishings made out of wine barrels
In front of the enterence to the live music there is a booth where children can create their own headband unicorn horns. This was adorable; there were little unicorns running around everywhere.
There are more shopping booths to the left of the live music. These booths have:
- a face painting stand
- henna tattoo stand
- home furnishings
- bath and shower soaps
- art from local artists, and more!
Here are a few of my final thoughts after attending the 2018 Suncadia Harvest Festival.
- If you are not familiar with the Suncadia Resort, look up directions to the Harvest Festival. My husband and I assumed that there would be clear signs leading us to the Harvest Festival and there were small signs with unclear arrows pointing forward. We could not tell when we were supposed to turn and ended up pulling into a parking lot to look up directions.
- You are able to bring dogs as long as they are leashed at all times. I would recommend bringing a water dish and food dish if you plan on spending a couple hours there since there were no water dishes available for pets.
- Most of the activities are for children so if you have kids, they will have a ball at this festival!
- More information about the Suncadia Harvest Festival is available here and here.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram!
Sign up for Vacation Rental 365 emails to stay up-to-date on promotions and properties!
Experience Our Events