Suncadia Harvest Festival 2018. Fun For All!
Posted by Amanda Schauer | Monday, October 8, 2018
Last weekend was the start of the annual Suncadia Harvest Festival and what a wonderful weekend it was! The sun was shining, the air was crisp, and the harvest festival was in full swing.
Events and Activities
- There is fun available for the entire family, although most of the activities are for children. To the right of the enterence there was a hay maze and pyramid where kids could climb to the top of the hay pyramid, slide down to enter the maze, and run around until they found the exit. Parents or guardians could keep a watchful eye from the sidelines all the while and signs were posted encouraging children to not climb on top of the maze.
- Beyond the maze there was pumpkin picking where children could look for their perfect pumpkin. Pumpkins of all shapes, sizes, and colors were strewn about so that the children were not limited on choices.
- To the left of the enterence there were carriage rides, pony rides, and a petting zoo. Guests could get up close and personal with goats, sheep, and other farm animals. They could also take a small stroll on a pony or explore the beautiful Suncadia Resort property with a carriage ride. However, if you bring your dog, you will be asked to stay at least twenty feet away from the farm animals so that they will not get spooked.
- An activity that is fun for children and adults alike is Pumpkin Archery. Participants are given a brief safety lesson on how to use a bow and arrow and when to retrieve arrows and when NOT to retrieve arrows. A worker nearby is watching and ready to help if the kids need more guidance. Bows differ in pull strength so that anyone can have fun with this activity.
- In the middle of the festival there is live music provided by Chinook Entertainment from 10-11:30am, 12:30-2pm, and 3:30-5pm. When live music is not playing there is a dance instructor teaching basic dance moves to the guests.
- For the adults, there are tastings from 2-4pm. This year they had beverages from Dru Bru Brewing Co., Bad Grany Cider, Heritage Distilling Co., and Browne Family Vinyards. Adults can choose to buy 4 tastings for $8 or 10 tastings for $15.
Behind the pumpkin picking there are a row of food stands available.
- There is a tamales stand that must have been amazing because they were sold out by the time I got there at 1pm.
- There was a hot dog and chips stand where guests could purchase good-sized hot dogs for $5 and a bag of chips for $1.
- There was a snow cone stand to get beautiful rainbow ice delights for $5.
- There was also a coffee stand where you could warm up with a cup o' joe or re-energize with a Red Bull drink.
- Suncadia Dining was also available by the live entertainment where you could get a variety of other options like burgers, salads, and fries.
- For dessert you can get your classic cotton candy, or you can get some homemade mini doughnuts and decorate them with a variety of syrups and sprinkles.
To the right of the enterence there are a row of shopping booths. These booths sell:
- lavender soap
- homemade Christmas ornaments
- knitted and croquet accessories
- home furnishings made out of wine barrels
In front of the enterence to the live music there is a booth where children can create their own headband unicorn horns. This was adorable; there were little unicorns running around everywhere.
There are more shopping booths to the left of the live music. These booths have:
- a face painting stand
- henna tattoo stand
- home furnishings
- bath and shower soaps
- art from local artists, and more!
Here are a few of my final thoughts after attending the 2018 Suncadia Harvest Festival.
- If you are not familiar with the Suncadia Resort, look up directions to the Harvest Festival. My husband and I assumed that there would be clear signs leading us to the Harvest Festival and there were small signs with unclear arrows pointing forward. We could not tell when we were supposed to turn and ended up pulling into a parking lot to look up directions.
- You are able to bring dogs as long as they are leashed at all times. I would recommend bringing a water dish and food dish if you plan on spending a couple hours there since there were no water dishes available for pets.
- Most of the activities are for children so if you have kids, they will have a ball at this festival!
- More information about the Suncadia Harvest Festival is available here and here.
Experience Our Events